Saturday, November 20, 2010

My sad, sad kitchen....

Loyal readers, hi mom, know I love to cook.  On my recent birthday trip to Tahoe, I had the privilege of baking and creating masterpieces, or at least edible meals, in a gorgeous kitchen.  Every Christmas vacation, I get to cook in my mother-in-law's kitchen where things are organized and there is plenty of counter space.  

Today, while dealing with my twitter addiction, one of my favorite tweeters and bloggers, busydadblog posted this picture of his spices and kitchen.
First of all, I am in awe.  This looks like heaven.  Check out busydadblog for an explanation of the post-it notes.  All of this made me question my inability to keep something I love organized.

I mean look at my spice area.  
Now scroll up and check out busydadblog's spice rack again.  
I am ashamed. :(

Ok, maybe I am not ashamed as that would be silly, but I am determined to fix this.  Tomorrow Jeff is taking Lilly and James to Yo Gabba Gabba live by himself.  (This will be an entire post unto itself if Jeff survives.  His idea, by the way, and I wish him luck!)  While he is gone, I will organize this one cabinet.  We are about to undergo a house renovation which will include a kitchen remodel so I don't need to go crazy, just get organized.  I have a mission.  Unless I decide to nap.

happymommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nap sounds good.

Ellachanted

Anonymous said...

I love it - I think a nap might
win out over the spice cabinet reorg, but, I could be really
dead wrong!

BusyDad said...

Funny! Well, you'll be happy to know that my kitchen only looks like that because about a year ago, we did a complete interior home remodel, down to the studs. I actually drew my dream kitchen on a piece of paper and my contractor (who also happens to be one of my best friends) built it. Wanna see the before and after video? Here you go: http://www.busydadblog.com/entries/how-to-completely-remodel-your-home-in-30-days-and-12-easy-s.html